I serve as Director of the Community Leadership Graduate Programs at UMBC, Professor of Practice, and affiliate faculty in the Department of Anthropology, Sociology, and Public Health. I have extensive experience as a graduate administrator and instructor, as well as a nonprofit board member and executive.
My writing has addressed Community Development Systems, Affordable Housing Policies, and Home Ownership Incentives and Barriers. As a Professor of Practice at UMBC, my research interests are expanding to include reimagining public spaces (especially Baltimore's Inner Harbor) to better include, reflect and serve diverse residents of all the City's many neighborhoods.
My teaching interests focus on the Context and Practice of Community Leadership, Affordable Housing and Black Homeownership, Racial and Economic Inequality in Urban America, and Civil Society and Social Change.
- Spring 2023 603 – Capstone Course in Community Leadership
- Fall 2022 CLDR 601 – Introduction to Community Leadership
- Spring 2022 CLDR 603 – Capstone Course in Community Leadership
- Fall 2021 CLDR 601 – Introduction to Community Leadership
- Spring 2021 CLDR 603 – Capstone Course in Community Leadership
Scott, Sally J., Iyer, Seema. Overcoming Barriers to Homeownership in Baltimore City. 6. 33 27 Baltimore, MD: Abell Foundation.